This page describes the pause menu.
The scripts related to the pause menu are in the script section UI_PauseMenu.
Some of the options in the pause menu are only available at certain times:
- "Pokédex" - if the player has been given the Pokédex and there is a non-empty Dex list which can be viewed.
- "Pokémon" - if the player has any Pokémon in their party.
- "Bag" - unless in a Bug Catching Contest.
- "Pokégear" - if the player has been given the Pokégear.
- "Town Map" - if the player does not have the Pokégear but does have the Town Map item.
- "Save" - unless in the Safari Zone, in a Bug Catching Contest or if
$game_system.save_disabledis set to TRUE.
- "Debug" - if playing in Debug mode.
"Save" is replaced with "Quit", which ends the player's Safari game immediately.
An information box appears at the top left of the screen, showing the number of steps the player can still take and the number of Safari Balls the player has left.
Bug Catching Contest
"Bag" is removed. "Save" is replaced with "Quit", which ends the player's Contest game immediately.
An information box appears at the top left of the screen, showing the species/level of the Pokémon the player has caught (if any) and the number of Sport Balls the player has left.